Linux-i3c Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / Atom feed
* I3C Tree - Development flow
@ 2019-01-28 11:35 vitor
From: vitor @ 2019-01-28 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Boris Brezillon, linux-i3c

Hi Boris,

I'm not understanding the development flow.
I see the fixes going to fixes and master branches but not to next.

I was expecting that next has the most recent fixes/new features
which it isn't the case. Any advice?

Thanks and best regards,
Vitor Soares

* Re: I3C Tree - Development flow
@ 2019-01-28 11:52 ` Boris Brezillon
From: Boris Brezillon @ 2019-01-28 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vitor; +Cc: linux-i3c

Hi Vitor,

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 11:35:36 +0000
vitor <vitor.soares@synopsys.com> wrote:

> Hi Boris,
>
> I'm not understanding the development flow.
> I see the fixes going to fixes and master branches but not to next.
>
> I was expecting that next has the most recent fixes/new features
> which it isn't the case. Any advice?

i3c/fixes contains patches to be queued for the next -rc (right now
it's targeting 5.0-rc5) while i3c/next contains patches to be queued
for the next release (5.1). That's the workflow in use for almost all
subsystems. If you want to have everything in a single branch, you can
use linux-next or create your own branch in which you'll merge
i3c/fixes and i3c/next.

Regards,

Boris