Linux-i3c Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Boris Brezillon <boris.brezillon@collabora.com>
To: Przemyslaw Gaj <pgaj@cadence.com>
Cc: "linux-i3c@lists.infradead.org" <linux-i3c@lists.infradead.org>,
	"bbrezillon@kernel.org" <bbrezillon@kernel.org>,
	Vitor.Soares@synopsys.com
Subject: Re: I3C Mastership RFC
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 11:30:05 +0100

Hi Przemek,

On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 10:33:16 +0100
Przemyslaw Gaj <pgaj@cadence.com> wrote:

> Hi Vitor,
>
> We discussed with Joao in Lyon that you are ready with mastership RFC.
> The question is when do you think you are able to post this proposal.
> Our customer needs that and is pushing hard. I would like also to run all
> the tests in our complex configuration and check how does it work.

If you need this feature, I'd recommend that you lead the discussion
(as you did so far) and post a new version. Maybe try to address some of
the concerns raised by Vitor along the way. I know that you were in
favor of getting back to one of the previous iteration (discussed
during ELCE), so please go ahead and do what you think is the more
appropriate.

As part of this work, I'd like you to look at how mastership handover
is handled in HCI. I'm not asking you to implement an HCI driver, but
having an idea of what would be done in each of the new hooks would be
good (and maybe describing that in the cover letter).

Thanks,

Boris