linux-i3c.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
From: Vitor Soares <Vitor.Soares@synopsys.com>
To: Boris Brezillon <boris.brezillon@collabora.com>
Cc: Przemyslaw Gaj <pgaj@cadence.com>,
	"linux-i3c@lists.infradead.org" <linux-i3c@lists.infradead.org>,
	"bbrezillon@kernel.org" <bbrezillon@kernel.org>
Subject: RE: I3C Mastership RFC
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 11:42:36 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Boris,

From: Boris Brezillon <boris.brezillon@collabora.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 11:34:52

> > > Can you point me to the version of the patch your changes are based on?
> > > And also, can you tell me what issues you faced? I would like to check
> > > if they are already adressed in my code.
> >
> > I used v3 and v4. From v5, I found useful the switch case (request,
> > deliver, handoff, takeover) in hc side.
> >
> > I didn't hardly test how device.c request mastership but I suspect it
> > won't work properly. When you do i3c_dev_do_priv_xfers_locked() you might
> > not be the master yet.
>
> I'm pretty sure we solved that already (that's what
> i3c_master_acquire_bus_ownership() calls are supposed to take care of).
> Can you be a bit more specific? What makes you think the master might
> not be in control of the bus when i3c_dev_do_priv_xfers_locked() is
> called?

You are assuming that after i3c_master_acquire_bus_ownership() return,
secondary master already owns the bus. Main master can ack the MR request
and not send the CETACCMST immediately.

I was thinking to delay i3c_dev_do_priv_xfers_locked() with a work delay
or so. Do you have any idea?

> > > --
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Przemyslaw Gaj
> >
> > Again sorry for the delay. I will try to send this soon.
>
> Can you please share what you have now (even if it's not finished) so
> Przemek can start looking at it?

I will try today.

Best regads,
Vitor Soares