Hello, I'm long experiencing an annoying clicking noise coming from my hdd, looking for info on the subject I found the Known issues page at: https://ata.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Known_issues among others. I've tried many possible solutions involving the use of hdparm (apm, spindown_time, etc) to no avail. I'm contacting you because my problem is very strange it seems to occur randomly, it in fact occurs when I leave the laptop idling and when I'm using it but at times it disappears completely. I've checked it taking note of the Load_Cycle_Count parameter. I've attached the output of the following commands: dmidecode, hdparm -I /dev/sda and smartctl -a /dev/sda Hope it can help. Thank you.