Linux-ide Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Jorge Fernandez Monteagudo <jorgefm@cirsa.com>
To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org>
Cc: "tj@kernel.org" <tj@kernel.org>,
	"linux-ide@vger.kernel.org" <linux-ide@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: SATA errors accessing hidden partitions
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 08:03:10 +0000

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a SSD disk from transcend with 6 partitions, where partitions 3, 4 and 5 are locked. This disk implements the OPAL specifications and transcend supplies some tools to hide/unhide a partition.
>
>OPAL does not have a concept to hide a partition, it supports locking
>ranges.  In doubt you want to use the kernel opal support to unlock all
>ranges and should be fine, otherwise there isn't too much we can do.

You're right. We are  using locking ranges and these partitions are mapped onto these ranges.
We're try too with a locked range without any partition inside an the system tries to access the
locked range. We're wondering why kernel? blkid? is trying to get info from a locked range??
The outcome is a SATA link in 1.5Gbps after a long time boot. In windows or MacOSx works in
other way.

Thanks!
Jorge