linux-ide.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* [LSF/MM/BPF] Running BOF
@ 2023-03-04  5:03 Matthew Wilcox
From: Matthew Wilcox @ 2023-03-04  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lsf-pc, linux-fsdevel, linux-mm, linux-block, linux-ide,
	linux-scsi, linux-nvme, bpf

Sunday May 7th is the Vancouver Marathon, and both Josef and I are
registered.  As such, neither of us may be feeling much like joining
or leading a run.  If anyone else is interested in participating,
https://bmovanmarathon.ca/ offers 8km and 21.1km races as well.  If you
just want a spot of morning exercise, I can suggest routes, but will
probably not join you.

For those concerned about how the marathon will affect getting around
Vancouver, you can see the various course maps:

https://bmovanmarathon.ca/marathon#course (8:30am-3pm)
https://bmovanmarathon.ca/halfmarathon#course (7am-11am)
https://bmovanmarathon.ca/8km#course (9:30am - 11am)

Don't expect to walk around Stanley Park until the marathon is over.
The Skytrain from the airport will be largely unaffected (possibly
infested with sweaty runners).  Bus routes may have diversions in place,
but the roads will open once runners are no longer using that particular
stretch, so eg Cambie & 49th will reopen to traffic quite early while
Pacific & Georgia will remain closed for much of the day.

If you want to come out & cheer for Josef and/or myself, let us know
and we can suggest good spots.

* Re: [LSF/MM/BPF] Running BOF
@ 2023-04-13 18:28 ` James Bottomley
From: James Bottomley @ 2023-04-13 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Wilcox, lsf-pc, linux-fsdevel, linux-mm, linux-block,
	linux-ide, linux-scsi, linux-nvme, bpf

On Sat, 2023-03-04 at 05:03 +0000, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> Sunday May 7th is the Vancouver Marathon, and both Josef and I are
> registered.  As such, neither of us may be feeling much like joining
> or leading a run.  If anyone else is interested in participating,
> https://bmovanmarathon.ca/ offers 8km and 21.1km races as well.  If
> you just want a spot of morning exercise, I can suggest routes, but
> will probably not join you.

For those of you who fancy something more scenic and less damaging to
the knees, Mike and I were planning a hike around the chain lakes trail
by Mt Baker:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mbs/recarea/?recid=80181

As long as there's been no recent snowfall, both the trail and the
Bagley Lakes trailhead should be accessible.  The Rangers have been
known to keep Chain Lakes closed until June, so we might have to go
along one of the other trails instead.

Mike and I are planning to drive up early on Sunday from Seattle, but
it is possible to drive from Vancouver as well if you have a car
(There's a US$5/car charge at the car park).

Regards,

James