On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 05:44:52PM +0200, Philipp Rossak wrote: > Since we are merging the mfd driver into the iio adc driver we need to > update the Kconfig build options. Most of your commit logs a pretty short, and this is an issue for people lacking context. This would be the reviewers, but also users bisecting to see where there's a bug, or you in a couple of years from now :) Every commit log should be as complete as possible. In this case, you are saying what you are doing, but this is actually redundant with the patch, I can already tell what you are doing by reading the rest of the mail. However, what is really important is *why* you are doing it. > Signed-off-by: Philipp Rossak > --- > drivers/iio/adc/Kconfig | 11 +++++++---- > 1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-) > > diff --git a/drivers/iio/adc/Kconfig b/drivers/iio/adc/Kconfig > index 9da79070357c..5d0cffd6d2e4 100644 > --- a/drivers/iio/adc/Kconfig > +++ b/drivers/iio/adc/Kconfig > @@ -713,13 +713,16 @@ config STX104 > array module parameter. > > config SUN4I_GPADC > - tristate "Support for the Allwinner SoCs GPADC" > + tristate "Allwinner sunxi platforms' GPADC/Thermal driver" I'm really not sure this is worth updating > + select REGMAP_MMIO > + select REGMAP_IRQ > depends on IIO > - depends on MFD_SUN4I_GPADC || MACH_SUN8I > - depends on THERMAL || !THERMAL_OF > + depends on ARCH_SUNXI || MACH_SUN8I > + depends on THERMAL && THERMAL_OF For example, why you are changing the thermal dependency is not really obvious to anyone. > help > Say yes here to build support for Allwinner (A10, A13 and A31) SoCs > - GPADC. This ADC provides 4 channels which can be used as an ADC or as > + GPADC or newer SOCs (A33, H3, A83T, ...) Thermal sensor driver. > + This ADC provides 4 channels which can be used as an ADC or as I'm not sure this is worth updating either, especially when there's information that has been dropped. Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Bootlin Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering https://bootlin.com