On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 05:51:41PM +0800, Icenowy Zheng wrote: > Personally I suggest to leave out all SID or calibration related > patches here. > > Currently we seems to be wrongly converting SID to big endian, however, > the orgnization of the THS calibration data on H6 shows that it's > surely little endian: > > It consists a temperature value in 1/10 celsuis as unit, and some > thermal register readout values, which are the values read out at the > given temperature, and every value here (the temperature and the > readout) are all half word length. > > Let the temperature value be AABB, the two readout values be XXYY and > ZZWW, the oragnization is: > BB AA YY XX WW ZZ ** ** . > > When converting the SID to big endian, it becomes: > XX YY AA BB ** ** ZZ WW , > which is non-sense, and not able to do sub-word cell addressing. > > Maxime, should I drop the LE2BE conversion in SID driver? (I doubt > whether it will break compatibility.) This is exposed to the userspace, so no. Maxime > -- Maxime Ripard, Bootlin Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering https://bootlin.com