linux-iio.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Nathan Chancellor <natechancellor@gmail.com>
To: Jonathan Cameron <jic23@kernel.org>,
	Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com>
Cc: gregkh@linuxfoundation.org, linux-iio@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [PULL v3] Second set of new device support, cleanups etc for IIO in the 5.4 cycle.
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 19:50:08 -0700	[thread overview]

On Tue, Sep 03, 2019 at 09:17:29PM +0100, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> The following changes since commit 81e0da703fdba1ee126868bf8350592c79cdba13:
>
>   staging: sm750fb: fix odd license text (2019-08-15 14:43:57 +0200)
>
> are available in the Git repository at:
>
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jic23/iio.git tags/iio-for-5.4b-take3
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 6fa029486b74c266c39b718b8643ed42d24f977a:
>
>   iio: imu: st_lsm6dsx: rely on IIO_G_TO_M_S_2 for gain definition for LSM9DS1 (2019-09-03 21:11:28 +0100)

> Second set of new device support, cleanups and features for IIO in the 5.4 cycle
>
> Revised pull request to fix up a missing Signed-off-by and roll in
> a fix in the lsm9ds1 support after I broke it when applying.
> Revised again because the fix changed a hash meaning a fix
> that previously followed it now had the wrong fixes tag.
>
> A few fixes in here that could have gone a faster path but aren't quite
> worth the rush for 5.3.
>
> New device support
> * ad7606
>   - Support the ad7606b which adds a software controlled mode alongside
>     the pin controlled only approach of the ad7606. Including dt-bindings.
> * lsm6dsx
>   - Add support for the gyro and accelerometer part of the lsm9ds1 which is
>     a compound device also including a magnetometer (st_sensors driver).
>     Includes bindings and precursor rework of the driver.
>
> Features
> * ad7192
>   - Add support for low pass filter control.
>   - DT binding docs.
>
> Cleanups and minor fixes
> * MAINTAINERS
>   - Fix a typo in a path.
>   - Add entry for ad7606
> * ad5380
>   - Fix a failure to dereference a pointer before atempting to assign the
>     value.
> * ad7192
>   - Drop platform data as not used in mainline and we now have full DT bindings.
> * ad7606
>   - YAML conversion for dt-bindings.
> * adis16240
>   - Rework write_raw to make it more readable using GENMASK.
> * adis16460
>   - Fix and issue with an unsigned variable holding potential negatives.
> * cros_ec
>   - Fix missing default of calibration vector so that we get 'something'
>     before calibration is complete on a given axis.
> * hid-sensors
>   - Use int_pow instead of opencoding.
> * isl29501
>   - rename dt-binding docs to include renesas inline with other renesas parts
>     and general current convention.
> * kxcjk1013
>   - Improve comments on the 'unusual' ACPI ids used to identify which sensor
>     is which in certain laptops.
> * lsm6dsx
>   - Add one bit to the fifo status masks for a number of parts.
>   - Drop a reserved entry from the sensitivity values to tidy up interface.
> [...]

This patch causes a linking failure on arm32 when CONFIG_HID_SENSOR_HUB
and CONFIG_HID_SENSOR_IIO_COMMON are set (I caught this on arm32
allyesconfig):

arm-linux-gnueabi-ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.o: in function `hid_sensor_read_raw_hyst_value':
hid-sensor-attributes.c:(.text+0x23c): undefined reference to `__aeabi_uldivmod'
arm-linux-gnueabi-ld: hid-sensor-attributes.c:(.text+0x280): undefined reference to `__aeabi_uldivmod'
arm-linux-gnueabi-ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.o: in function `hid_sensor_format_scale':
hid-sensor-attributes.c:(.text+0x388): undefined reference to `__aeabi_uldivmod'
arm-linux-gnueabi-ld: hid-sensor-attributes.c:(.text+0x3b0): undefined reference to `__aeabi_uldivmod'
arm-linux-gnueabi-ld: hid-sensor-attributes.c:(.text+0x414): undefined reference to `__aeabi_uldivmod'
arm-linux-gnueabi-ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.o:hid-sensor-attributes.c:(.text+0x444): more undefined references to `__aeabi_uldivmod' follow

int_pow() returns u64, which causes issues when just trying to use
normal division. Looks like most of the dividends are 32-bit so not
really sure how to resolve this otherwise I would have sent a patch.
Please look into this when you get a chance.

Cheers,
Nathan