Linux FF-interface hasn't developed much. How about adding sequences to that interface. Here is small test-patch which I made to look what kind of problems there might be. This is ff-memless only because I wanted to reuse it's timer system. Also, it's not optimized (kind of ugly hack :). Anyway, it shows some problematic things, like custom_data pointer state, ownership of effect and is effect still enabled. Moving to ff-core solves most of these. More generic way to do this would be at ff-core, so all ff-devices could use it, but thats not a simple task (timers..). Also kind of misusing custom-field is probably not so good thing :). Maybe adding new type or something. So, what you think? Does this make any sense? ++Jam