On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 04:16:24PM +0100, Jonathan Cameron wrote: > On Tue, 19 May 2020 10:37:16 +0200 > Kamel Bouhara wrote: > > > This drivers allows to use the capture mode of the Timer Counter Block > > hardware block available in Microchip SoCs through the counter subsystem. > > > > Two functions of the counter are supported for the moment: period > > capture and quadrature decoder. The latter is only supported by the > > SAMA5 series of SoCs. > > > > For the period capture mode a basic setup has been chosen that will > > reset the counter each time the period is actually reached. Of course > > the device offers much more possibilities. > > > > For quadrature mode, both channel 0 and 1 must be configured even if we > > only capture the position (no revolution/rotation). > > > > Signed-off-by: Kamel Bouhara > > Looks good to me. After reviews from William, DT and maybe > something from SoC side if intent is I'm taking this. > > Jonathan I'll defer to the DT maintainers for the dt-binding changes. Regarding this counter driver, I believe there have been no changes since I signed-off for it in the v3 patchset thread. If that's true, I haven't changed my mind -- I'm still statisfied with this particular version and have no objections if it's merged. ;-) William Breathitt Gray