On Sat, 2020-11-28 at 18:02 +1100, Dean Camera wrote: > On 28/11/2020 7:11 am, Filipe Laíns wrote: > > On Fri, 2020-11-27 at 15:05 +1100, Dean Camera wrote: > > > Thank you for the review, Filipe! > > > > > > I'm still new to the kernel patch submission process, so I'm a little > > > perplexed by the next steps. Who will decide if it is to be applied, and > > > is there any further action I need to take? > > > > No worries :) > > That'd probably Benjamin Tissoires, co-maintainer of the HID subsystem. > > There is no further action you need to take, just wait. Please understand > > that > > these things can sometimes take a while as maintainer time is limited and > > they > > may have a long backlog to fight through. > > > > I completely understand - I maintain some open source projects myself, > so I know how it is. I'm just a millenial used to pull requests, issue > trackers and/or email attachments, so I wasn't too sure how to proceed > here and didn't want to mis-step and end up with it getting lost due to > my own inaction. Me too :P It can be a bit difficult to get started. > Thank you both sincerely for your time and efforts, they are very much > appreciated. > > > Also be aware that maintainers might be a bit conservative about adding new > > features as they will be required to maintain them in the long run, so don't > > take it personally if they chose not to to merge some of your patches. > > > > > I am obviously keen, but not impatient, to get this feature in. I'm > > > happy to follow whatever process is required, I just haven't found > > > anything beyond the initial "submitting your patch" documentation. > > > > Yeah, I sympathize. The process essentially is to send the patch and wait :P > > > > I do wish there was a way to track the patches a little better - I fully > understand about the time pressures involved, but having a way to at > least know it was seen and added to a backlog somewhere would be nice. > Alas, I fear such talk is somewhat like the proverbial ocean boiling. There is https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-input/patch/20201125223957.5921-1-dean@fourwalledcubicle.com/ > Just one thing, in the kernel mailing lists you are discouraged to top-post. Thanks for the advice, taken under consideration :). > > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. > Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? > > A: Top-posting. > Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail? > > A: No. > Q: Should I include quotations after my reply? > > > Cheers! > > - Dean > > Cheers, > Filipe Laíns > Cheers! - Dean Cheers, Filipe Laíns