linux-input.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: <samu.p.onkalo@nokia.com>
To: dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com
Cc: linux-input@vger.kernel.org, ext-mika.1.westerberg@nokia.com,
	ext-jani.1.nikula@nokia.com
Subject: RE: [RFC] Generic implementation for Input enable disable methods
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 09:46:05 +0100	[thread overview]

I a way yes, generic interface would make sense. However, input devices
may have needs to partially shut down the HW based on the certain events
(similar to gpio key case).

>So you need to talk to PM people again and design such facility with
>them
>since IIRC there wasn't anything like that last time you tried asking
>that
>question.

Originally implementation for twl4030-keypad was about the HW activity control.
It is true that this latest discussion is only about the interface.
I'm sorry about the confusion.

br
Samu