On Fri, 2020-11-27 at 15:05 +1100, Dean Camera wrote: > Thank you for the review, Filipe! > > I'm still new to the kernel patch submission process, so I'm a little > perplexed by the next steps. Who will decide if it is to be applied, and > is there any further action I need to take? No worries :) That'd probably Benjamin Tissoires, co-maintainer of the HID subsystem. There is no further action you need to take, just wait. Please understand that these things can sometimes take a while as maintainer time is limited and they may have a long backlog to fight through. Also be aware that maintainers might be a bit conservative about adding new features as they will be required to maintain them in the long run, so don't take it personally if they chose not to to merge some of your patches. > I am obviously keen, but not impatient, to get this feature in. I'm > happy to follow whatever process is required, I just haven't found > anything beyond the initial "submitting your patch" documentation. Yeah, I sympathize. The process essentially is to send the patch and wait :P Just one thing, in the kernel mailing lists you are discouraged to top-post. A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail? A: No. Q: Should I include quotations after my reply? > Cheers! > - Dean Cheers, Filipe LaĆ­ns