linux-input.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Alps touchpad intermittently recognized as generic mouse
@ 2023-01-18 15:01 Jonathan Denose
From: Jonathan Denose @ 2023-01-18 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-input

Hello,

I have a Dell Vostro 3550 which fails to initialize the AlpsPS/2
driver for its touchpad and then falls back to the generic PS/2 driver
which doesn't allow for two finger vertical scrolling. I have looked
through the driver code and found the failure to happen for address
0x0006 on this line in some cases and this other line in other cases.
Sometimes the initialize doesn't fail at all and the AlpsPS/2 driver
is used and the touchpad works correctly with vertical scroll.

I have found that this touchpad and driver work fine on the same
device running Ubuntu. I am currently using kernel 5.10 running
ChromeOS.

Some more info for the touchpad:
E6 report: 00 00 64
E7 report: 73 02 64
EC report: 88 07 9d

Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Jonathan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-01-18 15:04 UTC | newest]