Hi there, unplugging the BigBen gamepad supported by the hid-bigbenff driver reliably leads to a general protection fault when memory is allocated by something else afterwards, see the log (made with a 5.3.13 kernel). Apparently, the resource cleanup in bigben_remove() is wrong in some way. I wonder if this is somehow related to the problem Roderick discussed below or possibly its original cause. I'm pretty sure that I tested plugging/unplugging/replugging extensively when I originally wrote the hid-bigbenff driver against a 4.19/4.20 kernel tree, so a bisect may be in order, but also cannot rule out that my use of devm_kzalloc() was faulty from the start. If you see something obvious there, I'd be glad if you point it out. Am trying to debug this right now (am new to kernel debugging) and will try to provide a patch once the bug is identified. Thanks, Hanno Am 30.07.19 um 07:50 schrieb Roderick Colenbrander: > Hi Benjamin and Jiri, > > Last week, Valve notified us of a kernel crash in hid-sony when > disconnecting a controller (DS4 or DS3) while rumble is ongoing. Message-ID: