linux-integrity.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
To: Jarkko Sakkinen <jarkko@kernel.org>,
	Stefan Berger <stefanb@linux.ibm.com>
	linux-integrity <linux-integrity@vger.kernel.org>,
	James Morris James Morris <jmorris@namei.org>,
	David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>,
	Peter Huewe <peterhuewe@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] TPM DEVICE DRIVER changes for v5.14
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 10:34:26 -0700	[thread overview]

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 6:56 AM Jarkko Sakkinen <jarkko@kernel.org> wrote:

> Contains bug fixes for TPM, and support for signing modules using elliptic
> curve keys, which I promised to pick up to my tree.

I pulled this, but then I looked at the key type changes, and that
made me so scared that I unpulled it again.

In particular, that code will do

    shell rm -f $(CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_KEY)

from the Makefile if some config options have changed.

That just seems too broken for words. Maybe I misunderstand this, but
this really seems like an easy mistake might cause the kernel build to
actively start removing some random user key files that the user
pointed at previously.

                  Linus