On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 07:29:12PM +0300, Dmitry Osipenko wrote: > ... > >> Secondly, I'm already about to use the new tegra_get_memory_controller() > >> API for all the T20/30/124/210 EMC and devfreq drivers. > > > > Also, this really proves the point I was trying to make about how this > > is going to proliferate... > > Sorry, I'm probably totally missing yours point.. "what" exactly will > proliferate? Making use of this lookup-by-compatible mechanism. If you provide a function to make that easy, then people are going to use it, without even thinking about whether or not it is a good idea. Thierry