iommu.lists.linux-foundation.org archive mirror
* kdump boot failing with IVRS checksum failure
@ 2020-09-21 18:56 Jerry Snitselaar
From: Jerry Snitselaar @ 2020-09-21 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: iommu, linux-kernel, Joerg Roedel, Adrian Huang, Suravee Suthikulpanit

Hello Joerg,

We are seeing a kdump kernel boot failure in test on an HP DL325 Gen10
and it was tracked down to 387caf0b759a ("iommu/amd: Treat per-device
exclusion ranges as r/w unity-mapped regions"). Reproduced on 5.9-rc5
and goes away with revert of the commit. There is a follow on commit
that depends on this that was reverted as well 2ca6b6dc8512 ("iommu/amd:
Remove unused variable"). I'm working on getting system access and want
to see what the IVRS table looks like, but thought I'd give you heads
up.

Regards,
Jerry

* Re: kdump boot failing with IVRS checksum failure
@ 2020-09-24  9:23 ` Joerg Roedel
From: Joerg Roedel @ 2020-09-24  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerry Snitselaar; +Cc: iommu, linux-kernel

Hi Jerry,

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 11:56:42AM -0700, Jerry Snitselaar wrote:
> We are seeing a kdump kernel boot failure in test on an HP DL325 Gen10
> and it was tracked down to 387caf0b759a ("iommu/amd: Treat per-device
> exclusion ranges as r/w unity-mapped regions"). Reproduced on 5.9-rc5
> and goes away with revert of the commit. There is a follow on commit
> that depends on this that was reverted as well 2ca6b6dc8512 ("iommu/amd:
> Remove unused variable"). I'm working on getting system access and want
> to see what the IVRS table looks like, but thought I'd give you heads
> up.

Thanks for looking into this, we really need to find the root-cause to
avoid the revert.

Thanks,

	Joerg