On 11/08/14 16:22, Silvio Fricke wrote: > Hi, > > please review this patch. > I'm a little bit unsure if this patch is technicaly state-of-the-art because > kbuild does it right. The problem is that some cross-toolchains (on my box is > yocto installed) change the pkg-config search pathes to do some package-config > setups for cross compiling. > But the init of the toolchain manipulates PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR and > PKG_CONFIG_PATH variables that a pkg-config call searches in the wrong place to > find the package and gives back the wrong values which we use to test the > availability of ncurses installation and this break the [x,g,menu]config. > > Some recommendations for this? > > Hi Silvio, What would happen in a real crosscompile case? Justin