On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote: > > Anybody want to look at just getting rid of the gperf use? I took a stab at it. It wasn't too bad, although I think this needs a *lot* of testing, and I think it needs checking of Makefile dependencies etc. NOTE NOTE NOTE! This may be *COMPLETELY* broken. It just happens to build for me. So when I say "it wasn't too bad", I really mean "it wasn't too bad, but I didn't spend a lot of effort on it either". Honestly, the code is better and more legible without gperf, imho. And it removes more lines than it adds - and even if you ignore changes to the shipped lines, it's only an additional 15 lines of code, It's likely not even any slower, but who the hell knows.. Do we even care? It's almost certainly faster if you compare to generating that gperf code. Linus