Sebastian Andrzej Siewior writes: > On 10/24/2013 05:30 PM, Dirk Gouders wrote: >> Hi Sebastian, > > Hi Dirk, > >> I was looking at what you described and initially had a hard time to >> reproduce the problem, probably because I tried it after `make >> mrproper'. I am only able to reproduce the problem with an existing >> .config of my running kernel, for example. >> >> Just to make sure that I am correctly trying to reproduce the problem: >> did you already try to do what you described after a `make mrproper' and >> do you then also notice the described problems? If not, could you >> please try that? > > What is the purpose behind mrproper? > The key to reproduce it is to have a .config with atleast two items > within a choice statement which also have a "depends on" statement and > those set to =m. If you don't have this after mrproper (with your fresh > .config) then you don't see it. Hi Sebastian, Yann, all apologies for my previous misunderstanding. I hope I now understood the problem and I tried to fix it with the attached patch. Could you please test the patch if it fixes the problem you noticed? Another problem that I noticed is that if a choice is set to 'y', then I think the choice list should not include symbols that depend on symbols set to 'm', because they cannot be chosen, anyway. Well, this is rather confusing but does not produce real errors; I will see if I can fix that, too. Yann, if you could have a look at and comment on my patch, I would be glad. Dirk