linux-kernel-mentees.lists.linuxfoundation.org archive mirror
* [Linux-kernel-mentees] What is "linux-kernel-mentees"?
@ 2020-08-21 13:58 Dmitry Vyukov via Linux-kernel-mentees
From: Dmitry Vyukov via Linux-kernel-mentees @ 2020-08-21 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel-mentees

Hello,

I see this list is CCed on a bunch of syzbot fixes and emails have
"[linux-kernel-mentees]" prefix. I wonder what is
"linux-kernel-mentees"? Is it some kind of program? Run by whom? Is
there is any page/info/stats about this program? I can't find anything
relevant on the web, nor is there the first announcement email on the
list.

Thanks

* Re: [Linux-kernel-mentees] What is "linux-kernel-mentees"?
@ 2020-08-21 14:17 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2020-08-21 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Vyukov; +Cc: linux-kernel-mentees

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 03:58:30PM +0200, Dmitry Vyukov via Linux-kernel-mentees wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I see this list is CCed on a bunch of syzbot fixes and emails have
> "[linux-kernel-mentees]" prefix. I wonder what is
> "linux-kernel-mentees"? Is it some kind of program? Run by whom? Is
> there is any page/info/stats about this program? I can't find anything
> relevant on the web, nor is there the first announcement email on the
> list.

It's a list used by many of the mentees of the LF kernel mentor
projects.

There are a number of different projects at the moment, all working on
the kernel, here is one of them that I help run:
	https://people.communitybridge.org/project/f06db0d5-537e-4e0f-8ca4-0a471f95a04d

and if you search for "Linux" on this page:
	https://people.communitybridge.org/#projects
you will see a number of other ones.

Hope this helps explain things,

greg k-h