On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 12:44 AM Lukas Bulwahn wrote: > > > On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 5:44 PM Mrinal Pandey wrote: > >> The usage of "capture group (...)" in the immediate condition after `&&` >> results in `$1` being uninitialized. This eventually crashes the script. >> >> > It does not really crash it, right? It just emits a warning. > Sir, Yes. I will modify the line accordingly. > > >> Fix this by placing the capture group in the condition before `&&`. >> Thus, `$1` can be initialized to the text it matches thereby setting it >> to the desired and required value. >> >> > Maybe you can look when this bug was introduced? > The bug was first introduced with the commit `e518e9a59ec3` when the block was added to the script. It has been like that since then. Should I add this detail too in the commit message? > > Lukas >