On Saturday 01 March 2008, Alasdair G Kergon wrote: > On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:20:48PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote: > > On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:24:03 +0530 Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote: > > > Kernel: 2.6.24 > > > Distribution: Debian Testing/Unstable > > > Tainted: Yes (nvidia proprietary drivers) > > Any chance you can try to reproduce it upstream e.g. in 2.6.25-rc3? > I can do that but only by Monday Evening IST. Meanwhile I was able to reproduce the bug again with the same configuration and the same scenario. So I believe that the bug can be reproduced consistently. Here are the steps: 1) Initialize a device using dm-crypt and LUKS 2) Create a filesystem on top of it and mount it. 3) Write huge amount of data (as a normal user). Something like 150GB. As the load goes hight (to something like 12-14), the kernel lock-up is logged into dmesg. At that moment, the OS is barely responsive. The I/O scheduler in use is: rrs@learner:/sys/block/sdb/queue$ cat scheduler noop anticipatory deadline [cfq] The kernel logs are the same like the last time but I'm attaching it. There still is a delay of 11seconds. Ritesh -- Ritesh Raj Sarraf RESEARCHUT - http://www.researchut.com "Necessity is the mother of invention."