Linux-kselftest Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* Re: linux-next: Tree for Aug 27 (kunit)
       [not found] <20190827190526.6f27e763@canb.auug.org.au>
@ 2019-08-27 15:29 ` Randy Dunlap
  2019-08-27 16:09   ` Brendan Higgins
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Randy Dunlap @ 2019-08-27 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell, Linux Next Mailing List
  Cc: Linux Kernel Mailing List, Shuah Khan, linux-kselftest, Brendan Higgins

On 8/27/19 2:05 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Changes since 20190826:
> 

on i386:
# CONFIG_PRINTK is not set


../kunit/test.c: In function ‘kunit_vprintk_emit’:
../kunit/test.c:21:9: error: implicit declaration of function ‘vprintk_emit’; did you mean ‘vprintk’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  return vprintk_emit(0, level, NULL, 0, fmt, args);
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~
         vprintk


-- 
~Randy

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: Tree for Aug 27 (kunit)
  2019-08-27 15:29 ` linux-next: Tree for Aug 27 (kunit) Randy Dunlap
@ 2019-08-27 16:09   ` Brendan Higgins
  2019-08-27 16:12     ` shuah
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Brendan Higgins @ 2019-08-27 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randy Dunlap
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, Linux Next Mailing List,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, Shuah Khan,
	open list:KERNEL SELFTEST FRAMEWORK

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 8:29 AM Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@infradead.org> wrote:
>
> On 8/27/19 2:05 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Changes since 20190826:
> >
>
> on i386:
> # CONFIG_PRINTK is not set
>
>
> ../kunit/test.c: In function ‘kunit_vprintk_emit’:
> ../kunit/test.c:21:9: error: implicit declaration of function ‘vprintk_emit’; did you mean ‘vprintk’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
>   return vprintk_emit(0, level, NULL, 0, fmt, args);
>          ^~~~~~~~~~~~
>          vprintk

Ooops, it never occurred to me to test the situation where I wouldn't
be able to see test results :-)

It seems to me that the right thing to do here is to do what
dev_printk and friends do and to ifdef this out if CONFIG_PRINTK is
unavailable. Does that seem reasonable?

Also, do you want me to resend my patches with the fix or do you want
me to send a new patch with this fix? (Sorry for the newbie question.)

Thanks!

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: Tree for Aug 27 (kunit)
  2019-08-27 16:09   ` Brendan Higgins
@ 2019-08-27 16:12     ` shuah
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: shuah @ 2019-08-27 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brendan Higgins, Randy Dunlap
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, Linux Next Mailing List,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, open list:KERNEL SELFTEST FRAMEWORK,
	shuah

On 8/27/19 10:09 AM, Brendan Higgins wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 8:29 AM Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@infradead.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 8/27/19 2:05 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Changes since 20190826:
>>>
>>
>> on i386:
>> # CONFIG_PRINTK is not set
>>
>>
>> ../kunit/test.c: In function ‘kunit_vprintk_emit’:
>> ../kunit/test.c:21:9: error: implicit declaration of function ‘vprintk_emit’; did you mean ‘vprintk’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
>>    return vprintk_emit(0, level, NULL, 0, fmt, args);
>>           ^~~~~~~~~~~~
>>           vprintk
> 

Thanks Randy for catching this.

> Ooops, it never occurred to me to test the situation where I wouldn't
> be able to see test results :-)
> 
> It seems to me that the right thing to do here is to do what
> dev_printk and friends do and to ifdef this out if CONFIG_PRINTK is
> unavailable. Does that seem reasonable?
>  > Also, do you want me to resend my patches with the fix or do you want
> me to send a new patch with this fix? (Sorry for the newbie question.)
> 

Brendan,

I would like to apply the fix on top of the series. I don't want to
revert.

thanks,
-- Shuah

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
     [not found] <20190827190526.6f27e763@canb.auug.org.au>
2019-08-27 15:29 ` linux-next: Tree for Aug 27 (kunit) Randy Dunlap
2019-08-27 16:09   ` Brendan Higgins
2019-08-27 16:12     ` shuah

Linux-kselftest Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/linux-kselftest/0 linux-kselftest/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 linux-kselftest linux-kselftest/ https://lore.kernel.org/linux-kselftest \
		linux-kselftest@vger.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index linux-kselftest

Example config snippet for mirrors

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.kernel.vger.linux-kselftest


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git