linux-kselftest.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* Linux 5.4 kselftest known issues
@ 2019-09-26 17:41 Shuah Khan
  2019-10-03 14:30 ` Linux 5.4 kselftest known issues - update shuah
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Shuah Khan @ 2019-09-26 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: open list:KERNEL SELFTEST FRAMEWORK; +Cc: Shuah Khan, Linux Kernel Mailing List

Here are the know kselftest issues on Linux 5.4 with
top commit commit 619e17cf75dd58905aa67ccd494a6ba5f19d6cc6
on x86_64:

The goal is to get these addressed before 5.4 comes out.

3 build failures and status:

pidfd - undefined reference to `pthread_create' collect2: error: ld 
returned 1 exit status

Fixed: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11159517/

bfp (two issues)

1. "make TARGETS=bpf kselftest" build fails
Makefile:127: tools/build/Makefile.include: No such file or directory

This is due to recent kbuild changes and I have a patch ready to send.

2. Related to llvm latest version dependency. This is a hard dependency.
Unless users upgrade to latest llvvm, bpf test won't run. The new llvm
might not be supported on all distros yet, in which case bpf will not
get tested in some rings and on some architectures.

gpio

"make TARGETS=gpio kselftest" build fails

Makefile:23: tools/build/Makefile.include: No such file or directory

This is due to recent kbuild changes and I have a patch ready to send.

kvm

"make TARGETS=kvm kselftest" build fails due --no-pie flags.

I am working on a fix for this. no-pie-option defines aren't working
correctly and I suspect try-run miht not be defined in this kselftest
build case.

thanks,
-- Shuah












^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: Linux 5.4 kselftest known issues - update
  2019-09-26 17:41 Linux 5.4 kselftest known issues Shuah Khan
@ 2019-10-03 14:30 ` shuah
  2019-10-04  9:43   ` Christian Brauner
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: shuah @ 2019-10-03 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shuah Khan, open list:KERNEL SELFTEST FRAMEWORK
  Cc: Linux Kernel Mailing List, Christian Brauner, kvm, Paolo Bonzini,
	open list:GPIO SUBSYSTEM, bgolaszewski, Daniel Borkmann, bpf,
	Networking, shuah

On 9/26/19 11:41 AM, Shuah Khan wrote:
> Here are the know kselftest issues on Linux 5.4 with
> top commit commit 619e17cf75dd58905aa67ccd494a6ba5f19d6cc6
> on x86_64:
> 
> The goal is to get these addressed before 5.4 comes out.

All of these issues are now fixed, except the bpf llvm dependency.
These fixes should all be in linux-next if they haven't already.

> 
> 3 build failures and status:
> 
> pidfd - undefined reference to `pthread_create' collect2: error: ld 
> returned 1 exit status
> 
> Fixed: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11159517/

In
> 
> bfp (two issues)
> 
> 1. "make TARGETS=bpf kselftest" build fails
> Makefile:127: tools/build/Makefile.include: No such file or directory

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11163601/
In bpf fixes tree

> 
> This is due to recent kbuild changes and I have a patch ready to send.
> 
> 2. Related to llvm latest version dependency. This is a hard dependency.
> Unless users upgrade to latest llvvm, bpf test won't run. The new llvm
> might not be supported on all distros yet, in which case bpf will not
> get tested in some rings and on some architectures.
> 
> gpio
> 
> "make TARGETS=gpio kselftest" build fails
> 
> Makefile:23: tools/build/Makefile.include: No such file or directory

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11163603/

> 
> This is due to recent kbuild changes and I have a patch ready to send.
> 
> kvm
> 
> "make TARGETS=kvm kselftest" build fails due --no-pie flags.

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11171893/

I haven't found any new ones on x86_64 as of 5.4-rc1

thanks,
-- Shuah

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: Linux 5.4 kselftest known issues - update
  2019-10-03 14:30 ` Linux 5.4 kselftest known issues - update shuah
@ 2019-10-04  9:43   ` Christian Brauner
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Christian Brauner @ 2019-10-04  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shuah
  Cc: Shuah Khan, open list:KERNEL SELFTEST FRAMEWORK,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, kvm, Paolo Bonzini,
	open list:GPIO SUBSYSTEM, bgolaszewski, Daniel Borkmann, bpf,
	Networking

On Thu, Oct 03, 2019 at 08:30:55AM -0600, shuah wrote:
> On 9/26/19 11:41 AM, Shuah Khan wrote:
> > Here are the know kselftest issues on Linux 5.4 with
> > top commit commit 619e17cf75dd58905aa67ccd494a6ba5f19d6cc6
> > on x86_64:
> > 
> > The goal is to get these addressed before 5.4 comes out.
> 
> All of these issues are now fixed, except the bpf llvm dependency.
> These fixes should all be in linux-next if they haven't already.
> 
> > 
> > 3 build failures and status:
> > 
> > pidfd - undefined reference to `pthread_create' collect2: error: ld
> > returned 1 exit status
> > 
> > Fixed: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11159517/

This commit is included in the following pr which I sent just now:
https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191004093947.14471-1-christian.brauner@ubuntu.com

Thanks!
Christian

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2019-10-04  9:43 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-09-26 17:41 Linux 5.4 kselftest known issues Shuah Khan
2019-10-03 14:30 ` Linux 5.4 kselftest known issues - update shuah
2019-10-04  9:43   ` Christian Brauner

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).