linux-kselftest.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Dan Rue <dan.rue@linaro.org>
To: shuah <shuah@kernel.org>
Cc: "Anders Roxell" <anders.roxell@linaro.org>,
	"Daniel Díaz" <daniel.diaz@linaro.org>,
	lkft-triage@lists.linaro.org,
	"Naresh Kamboju" <naresh.kamboju@linaro.org>,
	"open list:KERNEL SELFTEST FRAMEWORK"
	<linux-kselftest@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: next-20191002 kselftest results
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 15:31:27 -0500	[thread overview]

On Thu, Oct 03, 2019 at 02:03:28PM -0600, shuah wrote:
> On 10/2/19 8:47 PM, Anders Roxell wrote:
> > On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 at 04:15, Daniel Díaz <daniel.diaz@linaro.org> wrote:

> > > Logs are saved. You can click on the test details:
> > >    https://qa-reports.linaro.org/lkft/linux-next-oe/build/next-20191002
> > > then opening "kselftests" in Test Results, choosing an environment
> > > (say "x86_64"), and then (here's the tricky one) "job_url":
> > >    https://lkft.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/948404
> >

> Too many mouse click chasing these logs. Can you make this link on the
> dashboard.

Hi Shuah -

I agree, and I'm sorry but I am not sure how to make it better in the
near term - qa-reports is a generic interface and so it would be
difficult to show so many links on the summary screen.

What I'd like to do, but it won't help anytime soon, is generate better
reports and have the links in the report. Unfortunately it would be
pretty difficult to do that in a text based email report and using our
current tools. We are actively evaluating better reporting tools, but I
don't expect to have anything running until early next year at the
earliest.

Thank you for the feedback. If you have any other questions I'm happy to
see what we can do.

Dan

--
Linaro - Kernel Validation