linux-kselftest.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* KUnit Hackathon
@ 2021-07-05 20:41 André Almeida
From: André Almeida @ 2021-07-05 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shuah Khan, Brendan Higgins, David Gow
  Cc: kunit-dev, open list:KERNEL SELFTEST FRAMEWORK,
	~lkcamp/discussion, Nícolas F. R. A. Prado, Marcelo Schmitt,
	Leandro Ribeiro, kernel-usp

Hello,

We belong to two student groups, FLUSP [1] and LKCAMP [2], both of which
are focused on sharing kernel and free software development knowledge
and experience with fellow free software developers and newcomers.

As part of our efforts, we'll be organizing a KUnit hackathon in the
next Saturday (July 10), where we intend to help newcomers convert
existing runtime tests (the ones found at lib/) to KUnit and maybe
create new ones. Depending on the number of attendees, a high volume of
patches may be sent throughout the day. We will do our best to review
all patches before they go to the kernel mailing lists hoping to avoid
wasting your time with minor patching issues.

So we wanted to let you know of all this beforehand and give you the
time to send any suggestions or comments on all this. For instance, we
may ask people to add a special tag to their patches so you may batch
review them all at a later time if you wish.

Anyhow, we'd really appreciate having your opinion on this.
Thanks!

[1] - https://flusp.ime.usp.br/
[2] - https://lkcamp.dev/