linux-kselftest.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: <Tim.Bird@sony.com>
To: <keescook@chromium.org>
Cc: <rmoar@google.com>, <brendanhiggins@google.com>,
	<davidgow@google.com>, <shuah@kernel.org>, <dlatypov@google.com>,
	<kunit-dev@googlegroups.com>, <linux-kselftest@vger.kernel.org>,
	<linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>, <kernelci@groups.io>,
	<guillaume.tucker@collabora.com>
Subject: RE: RFC - kernel test result specification (KTAP)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 22:21:26 +0000	[thread overview]

The TAP 13 specification does not mention "-", but a dash on the result line
is used in most of the examples shown in the specification here:
http://testanything.org/tap-specification.html

In the top two examples on that page, the first one does not use dashes and
the second one does.  It's kind of irritating to have that kind of loosey-goosey
syntax in a specification.  IMHO the syntax should be more strictly specified
than this.  I don't have a strong opinion either on whether to use dashes or not.
But it would be nice to make it consistent.
 -- Tim Bird