Linux-kselftest Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@google.com>
To: Kevin Hilman <khilman@baylibre.com>
Cc: automated-testing@yoctoproject.org,
	"open list:KERNEL SELFTEST FRAMEWORK"
	<linux-kselftest@vger.kernel.org>,
	syzkaller <syzkaller@googlegroups.com>,
	Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org>
Subject: Re: CFP open for testing/fuzzing microconference at LPC
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 18:14:56 +0200

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 9:14 PM Kevin Hilman <khilman@baylibre.com> wrote:

> Hello Linux testing enthusiasts,
>
> The CFP is open for the testing/fuzzing microconference[1] at Linux
> plumbers conference.
>
> Please submit your ideas for discussion topics usin the LPC CFP tool:
>
>    https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/event/7/abstracts/
>
> Click "Submit new Proposal" at the bottom of the page.
>
> There are some suggested topics in the MC announcement[1], but feel
> free to submit ideas that are not on that list.
>
> And yes, LPC will be virtual this year as announced on the LPC blog:
> https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/blog/2020/linux-plumbers-conference-2020-goes-virtual/
>
> The tools and logistics are being actively worked on, so stay tuned to
> the LPC blog for all the details.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin
>
> [1] From: https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/event/7/page/80-accepted-microconferences#tf-cr
>
> The Testing and Fuzzing microconference focuses on advancing the current
> state of testing and validation of the Linux Kernel, with a focus on
> encouraging and facilitating collaboration between testing projects.
>
> Suggested Topics:
>
>     Next steps for KernelCI (data formats, dashboards, etc)
>     Structured data feeds for cross-project collaboration
>     Integration with kernel.org tools (e.g. b4)
>     Continued defragmentation of testing infrastructure
>     Better sanitizers: KASAN improvements, KCSAN fallout, future plans.
>     Better hardware testing, hardware sanitizers: how the USB fallout was handled, are there efforts to poke at something besides USB?
>     Improving real-time testing: is there any testing for real time at all?
>
> MC leads
>
>     Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org>
>     Kevin Hilman <khilman@kernel.org>

Hi Kevin,

What is the deadline? I almost prepared a proposal, just want to make
sure I won't miss the deadline by a day :)

I see some other MCs have "CFP Ends:", but not Testing MC:
https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/event/7/page/80-accepted-microconferences#tf-cr

Also what are the options for duration? Can I ask for a particular
duration in the proposal comments?