Linux-kselftest Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Brendan Higgins <brendanhiggins@google.com>
To: Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@infradead.org>
Cc: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>,
	Shuah Khan <shuah@kernel.org>,
	"open list:KERNEL SELFTEST FRAMEWORK"
	<linux-kselftest@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Aug 27 (kunit)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 09:09:43 -0700

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 8:29 AM Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@infradead.org> wrote:

> On 8/27/19 2:05 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Changes since 20190826:
> >

> on i386:
> # CONFIG_PRINTK is not set
>

> ../kunit/test.c: In function ‘kunit_vprintk_emit’:
> ../kunit/test.c:21:9: error: implicit declaration of function ‘vprintk_emit’; did you mean ‘vprintk’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
>   return vprintk_emit(0, level, NULL, 0, fmt, args);
>          vprintk

Ooops, it never occurred to me to test the situation where I wouldn't
be able to see test results :-)

It seems to me that the right thing to do here is to do what
dev_printk and friends do and to ifdef this out if CONFIG_PRINTK is
unavailable. Does that seem reasonable?

Also, do you want me to resend my patches with the fix or do you want
me to send a new patch with this fix? (Sorry for the newbie question.)

Thanks!