linux-kselftest.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Brendan Higgins <brendanhiggins@google.com>
To: "Siebert, David" <David.Siebert@l3harris.com>
Cc: David Gow <davidgow@google.com>,
	David Chiang <davidchiang@google.com>,
	Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org>,
	Mike Salvatore <mike.salvatore@canonical.com>,
	Pei Huang <peihuang@google.com>, Sagi Shahar <sagis@google.com>,
	Sangsu Ha <sangsu.ha@samsung.com>, Shuah Khan <shuah@kernel.org>,
	"kunit-dev@googlegroups.com" <kunit-dev@googlegroups.com>,
	"open list:KERNEL SELFTEST FRAMEWORK"
	<linux-kselftest@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: kunit: what do we do with the 'kunit/alpha/master' branch?
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 15:26:28 -0700	[thread overview]

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 2:45 PM Siebert, David
<David.Siebert@l3harris.com> wrote:

> Right now I am focused on the mocking and getting that to work. I am still have some very strange issues with mocking some function calls including kernel panics.

Okay, I just responded to your last email on the topic.

> Your plan seems logical but just how useful is it without mocking?

It depends on what you are trying to test. We have a number of tests
so far that do not require mocking (there are several in the initial
upstream patchset itself). A lot more can be tested with the
appropriate use of dependency injection.

In anycase, we are still planning on upstreaming support for mocking,
it is just going to take some time.