linux-kselftest.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Linux 5.4 kselftest known issues
@ 2019-09-26 17:41 Shuah Khan
From: Shuah Khan @ 2019-09-26 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here are the know kselftest issues on Linux 5.4 with
top commit commit 619e17cf75dd58905aa67ccd494a6ba5f19d6cc6
on x86_64:

The goal is to get these addressed before 5.4 comes out.

3 build failures and status:

pidfd - undefined reference to `pthread_create' collect2: error: ld
returned 1 exit status

Fixed: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11159517/

bfp (two issues)

1. "make TARGETS=bpf kselftest" build fails
Makefile:127: tools/build/Makefile.include: No such file or directory

This is due to recent kbuild changes and I have a patch ready to send.

2. Related to llvm latest version dependency. This is a hard dependency.
Unless users upgrade to latest llvvm, bpf test won't run. The new llvm
might not be supported on all distros yet, in which case bpf will not
get tested in some rings and on some architectures.

gpio

"make TARGETS=gpio kselftest" build fails

Makefile:23: tools/build/Makefile.include: No such file or directory

This is due to recent kbuild changes and I have a patch ready to send.

kvm

"make TARGETS=kvm kselftest" build fails due --no-pie flags.

I am working on a fix for this. no-pie-option defines aren't working
correctly and I suspect try-run miht not be defined in this kselftest
build case.

thanks,
-- Shuah