Hi! > > leds: lp5521: Add multicolor framework multicolor brightness support > > leds: lp55xx: Fix checkpatch file permissions issues > > leds: lp5523: Fix checkpatch issues in the code > > dt: bindings: Update lp55xx binding to recommended LED naming > > I have no open comments on this patchset except for a DT change requested by > Shawn Gao but this change should wait till after this patchset is merged. > > Is there something holding this up? Yes... my time; sorry about that. The fact that it changes API makes it important to get it right, and hard/impossible to fix it once it is merged... and I don't think this is the right interface (sorry). In particular, I don't think having directory per channel is a good idea. It makes atomic updates impossible (minor), but will also increase memory consuption (to a point where led-per-channel might be cheaper), and will make userspace do 3x ammount of syscalls in the common case. And we can do better; sysfs files with arrays are okay. So I'd like to see channel_intensity (file containing array of u32's) channel_names (usually containing "red green blue") (I'm not sure if max_intensity is good idea; i believe we could simply fix it to UINT32_MAX without bad effects). And yes, I realize I should have spoken up sooner / more forcefully. Sorry again. Best regards, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html