Hi! > > On 13 Dec 2019, at 15:07, Robin Murphy wrote: > > > > I also have one of the H96 Max boxes (which I picked up out of curiosity > > for the mysterious RK3318) with an FD6551, although I've not attacked > > that one with the logic analyser yet to see how similar it is. > > I have a T9 (RK3328) TV box with the same chip in it. The FD6551 uses an > I2C-like protocol. Every digit (and the symbols) have an I2C address, > but, the display does not signal ACK. AFAIK the FD650 and FD655 which > are used in other boxes (Amlogic) are very similar. > > So far, I have whipped up a proof-of-cocept driver that uses i2c-gpio. > The digits seem to be rotated by 180 degrees. So, in order to use > map_to_7segment.h I had to define the BIT_SEG7_* constants differently. > My display also has multiple symbols (WIFI, network, pause, play, USB, > alarm) that are controlled by writing to the same address as for the > colon. > > I’d love to work on a driver (similar to Andreas’ SPI based driver) for > these I2C connected chips. Create a driver in drivers/auxdisplay for alphanumeric parts. You can then export any remaining symbols as LEDs if it will provide benefits. Best regards, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html