Hi, Jacek! (and thanks for doing this). > We have here long lasting discussion related to LED multicolor class > sysfs interface design. We went through several iterations and worked > out the solution with individual file per each color sub-LED in the > color directory as shown below: > > /sys/class/leds//colors/_intensity > > This is in line with one-value-per-file sysfs rule, that is being > frequently highlighted, and we even had not so long ago a patch > for led cpu trigger solving the problem caused by this rule not > being adhered to. Yep. One of the problems is that it is nice to change all the hardware channels at once to produce color (it is often on i2c -- and slow), so current proposals use "interesting" kind of latching. > Now we have the voice below bringing to attention another caveat > from sysfs documentation: > > "it is socially acceptable to express an array of values of the same > type" > > and proposing the interface in the form of two files: > > channel_intensity (file containing array of u32's) > channel_names (usually containing "red green blue") And thus I want to have it in one file, so it is naturaly atomic. RGB leds with 3 channels are common; I have not user yet, but there are RGBW with 4 channels (and some more exotic stuff). I don't expect to have more than 5 channels. Best regards, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html