Hi! > > > My main issue though is whether one "hw-control" trigger should be > > > registered via LED API and the specific mode should be chosen via > > > another sysfs file as in this RFC, or whether each HW control mode > > > should have its own trigger. The second solution would either result in > > > a lot of registered triggers or complicate LED API, though... > > > > If you register say 5 triggers.... that's okay. If you do like 1024 > > additional triggers (it happened before!)... well please don't. > > Hi Pavel > > There tends to be around 15 different blink patterns per LED. And > there can be 2 to 3 LEDs per PHY. The blink patterns can be different > per PHY, or they can be the same. For the Marvell PHY we are looking > at around 45. Most of the others PHYs tend to have the same patterns > for all LEDs, so 15 triggers could be shared. > > But if you then think of a 10 port Ethernet switch, there could be 450 > triggers, if the triggers are not shared at all. > > So to some extent, it is a question of how much effort should be put > in to sharing triggers. It sounds to me ... lot of effort should be put to sharing triggers there :-). Best regards, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html