Hi! > I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the netdev trigger and some WiFi > interfaces. > > When the WiFi interface has never been brought up (so is in an > operationally disabled state), if I bind a LED to the netdev > trigger, setting the device_name to the WiFi interface name and > enable the "link" property, the LED illuminates, indicating that > the WiFi device has link - but it's disabled. > > If I up/down the WiFi interface, thereby returning it to the > original state, the link LED goes out. > > I suspect ledtrig-netdev.c needs to check that the device is both > up (dev->flags & IFF_UP) and netif_carrier_ok(dev) both return true, > rather than just relying on netif_carrier_ok(). I don't think using > netif_running() is appropriate, as that will return true before > ndo_open() has been called to initialise the carrier state. > > Agreed? Seems reasonable to me. Will you do the patch? Best regards, Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek