linux-leds.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: "Michal Vokáč" <michal.vokac@ysoft.com>
To: Dan Murphy <dmurphy@ti.com>
Cc: Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz>,
	Jacek Anaszewski <jacek.anaszewski@gmail.com>,
	linux-leds@vger.kernel.org, Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>,
	devicetree@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Broken LP5562 LEDs since multicolor framework was added
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 16:44:28 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello Dan,

I am in a process of upgrading kernel from v5.5 to v5.10 on our imx6dl-yapp4
platform and I just realized that LEDs on the board stopped working.

I bisected the problem to commit 92a81562e695 ("leds: lp55xx: Add multicolor
framework support to lp55xx"). I found that you also added commit 0724cf4b8b17
("ARM: dts: imx6dl-yapp4: Add reg property to the lp5562 channel node") to
accommodate the multicolor framework.

It's a pity I was not on the Cc list for that DT change and did not have
chance to test it.

Anyways, probe of the lp5562 driver on my board fails with or without commit
0724cf4b8b17 with this error:

lp5562: probe of 1-0030 failed with error -22

AFAICT the driver fails on the lp55xx_of_populate_pdata call but I did
not get much further.

I checked the updated LED documentation/binding and at first glance
everything looks good and the DT should work.

I have no idea what might be wrong and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Michal