Linux-LEDs Archive on lore.kernel.org
* led block trigger patch
@ 2020-07-28 18:47 truart
From: truart @ 2020-07-28 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-leds

Hej hej,

I already asked on the linux-block list, but that was likely the wrong place, so I try here.

All our new thinkpads are missing a hard disk led, and when trying to use some keyboard led it turned out that this is not really working. The LED is either just blinking or showing nothing. When googling we found https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-scsi/msg132286.html
All the laptops have nvme disks, so this is exactly what we need. But it seems to be missing in the latest kernel.

So may I ask what happened to this patch? Is it scheduled for being added? It's definitely needed as every new notebook I'm aware of doesn't have hard disk leds while nvme disks are default for most new notebooks now. So linux should be able to show disk traffic not only for ide and sata but also for up-to-date disk technologies. Any chance we get that patch? Is there a place to vote for a patch?

Thanks!
Michael

only message in thread, back to index