linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] "Satble" Release for 2.4.xx?
@ 2000-05-16 15:40 Michael Loftis
From: Michael Loftis @ 2000-05-16 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

When Linus opens the 2.4.xx tree will there be an official stable LVM
included?  Reason being I really need this for a production system.  It
will be running FTP, NNTP, HTTP, and other services on quite a few large
SCSI disks, and I don't want to have to deal with manually "balancing"
the storage allocations across the drives.

Thanks.

Michael

* Re: [linux-lvm] "Satble" Release for 2.4.xx?
@ 2020-11-27 16:17 ` Michael Marxmeier
From: Michael Marxmeier @ 2020-11-27 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zop12; +Cc: linux-lvm

> When Linus opens the 2.4.xx tree will there be an official stable LVM
> included?

Yes, likely. LVM has been merged in the main kernel line since 2.3.47.
SuSE does include LVM configuration already since two releases.
I have no idea about other distributions.

OTOH LVM has been very stable for me since i started using some time
ago. Besides some bug shakeout in the lvm user mode tools and some
merging issues with the new RAID code it should not cause problems.

Hope this helps
Michael

--
Michael Marxmeier           Marxmeier Software AG
E-Mail: mike@msede.com      Besenbruchstrasse 9