linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] Reliability
@ 2000-06-07 17:07 Jan Niehusmann
From: Jan Niehusmann @ 2000-06-07 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

What happens when one of several drives in a vg fails? Is the whole vg
lost or only lv's that are on that pv? In the latter case, what about
lv's that are only partly located on that pv?

I once observed that with a corrupted partition table, causing one pv
to be lost, the whole vg didn't get detected. As I was able to reconstruct
the partition table, I didn't try very hard to get the vg running
without that drive.

Jan