linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
From: Sebastian Bachmann <hello@reox.at>
To: linux-lvm@redhat.com
Subject: [linux-lvm] move dm-integrity metadata to another PV
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2021 20:18:56 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello,

I played around with the new dm-integrity integration in lvm. Unfortunately, it
is very slow, as the checksums has to be written and read on - which is the
price to pay obviously.

I thought that it might be a good idea to move the metadata to a fast disk,
i.e., a SSD, however that is not possible and I get an error message on pvmove:

# pvmove -n r10_int_rimage_0_imeta /dev/sdd /dev/sda2
  Unable to pvmove device used for raid with integrity.

I could not find a reason why this should not be done in theory, thus I guess
that this is simply not supported by LVM right now?
Or is there another reason why you should keep the metadata always on the same
device?

Best,
Sebastian