linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
From: "Tomas Dalebjörk" <tomas.dalebjork@gmail.com>
To: Zdenek Kabelac <zkabelac@redhat.com>
Cc: LVM general discussion and development <linux-lvm@redhat.com>,
	Gionatan Danti <g.danti@assyoma.it>
Subject: Re: [linux-lvm] lvm limitations
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 23:24:08 +0200	[thread overview]

thanks

ok, lets say that I have 10 LV on a server, and want create a thin lv snapshot every hour and keep that for 30 days
that would be 24h * 30days * 10lv = 720 lv

if I want to keep snapshot copies from more nodes, to serve a single repository of snapshot copies, than these would easily become several hundred thousands of lv

not sure if this is a good idea, but I guess it can be very useful in some sense as block level incremental forever and instant recovery can be implemented for open sourced based applications

what reflections do you have on this idea?

regards Tomas

Sent from my iPhone