linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
From: Xen <list@xenhideout.nl>
To: Linux lvm <linux-lvm@redhat.com>
Subject: [linux-lvm] Saying goodbye to LVM
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 17:45:14 +0100	[thread overview]

You are probably happy about this, but...

I managed to get LVM to corrupt my data on Ubuntu Xenial 3 times now.

All of that is related to:

- LVM not checking or behaving correctly when a duplicate PV appears
- LVM not checking or behaving correctly when a cache volume is out of
sync with its origin.

In addition the thin DM target of kernel 3.x was so buggy I couldn't
compile anything big without the system hanging.

I will probably become a ZFS user.

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish.