linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] bcache as a new i/o layer?
@ 2018-11-30  9:35 Gionatan Danti
From: Gionatan Danti @ 2018-11-30  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

Hi list,
in BZ 1643651 I read:

"In 7.6 (and 8.0), lvm began using a new i/o layer (bcache)
to read and write data blocks."

Last time I checked, bcache was a completely different caching layer,
unrelated from LVM. The above quote, instead, implies that bcache is now
actively used by LVM.

Am I missing something? Can you explain how they interact/behave?
Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico