linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
From: Ilia Zykov <mail@izyk.ru>
To: LVM general discussion and development <linux-lvm@redhat.com>
Subject: [linux-lvm] Maximum address used by a virtual disk on a thin pool.
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 19:05:14 +0300	[thread overview]

Hello.
Tell me please, how can I get the maximum address used by a virtual disk
(disk created with -V VirtualSize). I have several large virtual disks,
but they use only a small part at the beginning of the disk. For example:

# lvs
  LV         VG  Attr       LSize   Pool     Origin Data%
  mylvm      CVG Vwi-aot--- 100,00g fastheap        7,13

Please advise me how to determine from which address the virtual disk
did not allocate real disk space? And all the data read from addresses
greater than this address will be exactly zeros. Or maybe, how can I get
map of the used chunks of disk?

Thanks.

----