linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
From: Michael Fladischer <michael@fladi.at>
To: linux-lvm@redhat.com
Subject: [linux-lvm] Cannot create PV on /dev/dm-NN (/dev/dm-N works)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 12:38:57 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

I'm unable to create PVs on Multipath-Volumes that are available at
/dev/dm-NN where N~[0-9] but I can create them on single digit devices
like /dev/dm-9:

# pvcreate /dev/dm-6
  Physical volume "/dev/dm-6" successfully created.

# pvcreate /dev/dm-16
  Device /dev/dm-16 not found (or ignored by filtering).

My Version of LVM is 2.02.168 from Debian 9.
The filter ist set to a permissive value:
  filter = [ "a|.*|" ]
  global_filter = [ "a|.*|" ]

Any ideas why two or more digits in the device path can cause it to be
filtered by pvcreate?

Cheers,

--
Michael Fladischer