Dear Dave, thank you for your response. Here is my output: $ sudo lvs -o segtype cryptdata_raid5/home   Type   linear   linear   linear And if I execute: "$ sudo lvconvert --type raid5 -i 3 cryptdata_raid5/home" I get   Using default stripesize 64,00 KiB.   Replaced LV type raid5 (same as raid5_ls) with possible type raid1.   Repeat this command to convert to raid5 after an interim conversion has finished.   Are you sure you want to convert linear LV cryptdata_raid5/home to raid1 type? [y/n]: y   Insufficient free space: 1 extents needed, but only 0 available So probably I hit a bug with lvm2-2.03.12 on arch linux. Thanks for your help. Then it will be better to reformat my RAID5 with mdadm. Am 29.07.21 um 16:59 schrieb David Teigland: > On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 11:50:56PM +0200, Martin Dünkelmann wrote: >> Dear LVM2-People, >> >> I made a native RAID5 via LVM on 3 SSDs without mdadm, since LVM2 can do it >> natively. >> >> But I got confused about how to easily monitor it (send emails about errors, >> since it's a remove server) and how to check, repair and scrub the RAID5. >> >> Using: >> "sudo lvchange --syncaction check cryptdata_raid5/home" (same for repair) >> results in >> >> Command on LV cryptdata_raid5/home does not accept LV type linear. >> Command not permitted on LV cryptdata_raid5/home. > It works for me, so it could be a fixed bug. Check that the LV is really > raid5: lvs -o segtype cryptdata_raid5/home > >> Does that mean LVM2 doesn't fully support native RAID5 and I should format >> everything and set up a mdadm raid5? >> Because mdadm has scrubbing and email reports according to the mdadm.conf. > Right, mdadm does much more. > > Dave > -- Greetings Martin